The traditional start menu in Windows 8 has been replaced by Metro-UI and the start button has also been removed from taskbar. But, you can get the Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 style start menu easily by using a utility. You can also get the Windows 8 logo on the start button orb easily.
Although, there are many third party software available to bring the start menu back but, they don’t insert the start button on the right place and you have to use some difficult tricks to get the button positioned on right place. But, this utility, ClassicShell brings the start menu back and you can also customize the look of menu as well as start button orb.
ClassicShell has the following features:
- Get any of XP, Vista or Windows 7 Style Start Menu.
- There are many more start menus available.
- You can also customize the start button with different styles.
- Windows 8 logo can also be used as start button.
- Special cut, copy and paste option can be enabled in Windows Explorer as well as Internet Explorer.
- The Metro-UI is still accessible with special keystroke e.g. ‘Shift + left click’ on button etc.
- The Metro-UI thumbnail is disabled after installing the start menu.
- Many more options like search option in start menu can be used by right clicking the start button and selecting ‘Settings’.
How to get Special Windows 8 logo as Start Menu button
ClassicShell have three different start menu buttons but, the Windows 8 logo is not available to set as the start button. You can always set custom icons as start button and in the same way we will set the Windows 8 logo as start button.