It’s been long time since the previous update from Microsoft for windows Phone and it finally around the corner now. GDR 2(General Distribution Release 2). However the release is still small and not many major OS updates could be seen. Still it is a welcome release, after all something is better than nothing.
Also this update is going to be combined with Nokia’s Amber update. Which over all seems to be pretty good update for the Lumia devices. Let me list what all you are going to get in these updates.
- Better Battery life (those who got it say: “battery felt much improved“)
- SMS and Call filters
- Glance screen settings (YouTube)
- Always-on clock
- Double-tap to wake
- Smart Camera (YouTube)
- Lotus Notes Traveler account support
- Display + Touch enhancements (Lumia Color Profile)
- Up to 3200 ISO support
- Less noise
- Enhanced color profile
- Image quality improvements
- Shutter button can be used for opening Nokia Smart Cam.
- Flip to silence.
Here’s a small demo video for the Amber update: